Thursday, December 24, 2009

Nickellenium: A look back

Yesterday YouChewPoop user "NAveryW" (who most people probably know as WalrusGuy from YouTube) posted an interesting thread on something I nearly forgot about.

In 1999, when the new millennium was almost upon us, Nickelodeon held a special event called "Nickellenium". They aired a series of promos that featured kids talking about what they thought the future was going to be like. (I remember one kid saying that in ten years people would be riding around in flying cars, whatever happened to THAT?) Finally, at the end of the year, Nickelodeon played an hour-long special celebrating the new year, and looped it over and over the entire day. As a 7 year old, I wasn't too happy about it. I couldn't live without my Rugrats, All That, Kenan and Kel.

EDIT: Someone posted the original video on YouTube. I can now die a happy man.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the girl on the right is hotter

Unknown said...

fuck it keeps using my real name

this is Demanga, by the way